tl corner tr corner
Home
AMGSC logo
Konnichiwa to the AMGSC - how can we help you?
Tuesday - 1st March - 7pm
YOU ARE NOW ON WEBSITE 2.1 at creweanime.co.uk
Please update your links and bookmarks!

Director Satoshi Kon passes away
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> Anime, Manga, Japan

Hawq
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Paul

PostPosted: 25/08/10 18:18  Reply with quote

Quote:
Perfect Blue and Paprika director dies, aged 47

This is breaking news just coming in as I type this, emanating from the Twitter account of GAINAX's Yasuhiro Takeda and later confirmed by Madhouse's Masao Maruyama via the Otakon committee, but the renowned and much-admired anime director Satoshi Kon passed away yesterday at the age of 47.

During his life, Kon was responsible for a numer of high-profile animated efforts featuring his distinctive themes and styles, not least the movies Perfect Blue and Paprika, as well as the Paranoia Agent television series.

I'm sure it goes without saying that Satoshi Kon's influence will be immensely missed by anime fans around the world, and our thoughts go out to his friends and family with this tragic news.
source makes me wish I'd bid on that cheap Paranoia Agent box set at the weekend now so I could watch it in memory of a damn fine director

Rubix41
Site Admin

Name:
Ian

PostPosted: 22/09/10 16:57  Reply with quote

I think you still can, you buying it from MVM direct?

Survived the night at Minami Con 13 and 11

Come visit our Fb: www.facebook.com/AMGSC

Display:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> Anime, Manga, Japan
Page 1 of 1

Constructed from phpBB

bl corner br corner
Neko Desu Radio