tl corner tr corner
Home
AMGSC logo
Konnichiwa to the AMGSC - how can we help you?
Tuesday - 1st March - 7pm
YOU ARE NOW ON WEBSITE 2.1 at creweanime.co.uk
Please update your links and bookmarks!

Crewe: A Must-See Guide!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> The On-sen

Rubix41
Site Admin

Name:
Ian

PostPosted: 23/09/10 17:45  Reply with quote

Someone once told me that Crewe was one of the fastest growing places in the North West but, when I show people around it, I kinda wonder whether there is anything of interest outside the city centre. I am looking at getting as many potential tourist-y bits of Crewe and visit them so that when people come and have a look at the fair "railway village", they won't go away thinking that a missile launch is really what Crewe needs.

So, if you had to show someone around Crewe, what would you recommend showing them?

Survived the night at Minami Con 13 and 11

Come visit our Fb: www.facebook.com/AMGSC

Rubix41
Site Admin

Name:
Ian

PostPosted: 24/09/10 01:00  Reply with quote

I am quite fond of the open site of the memorial outside the library. I did like the old position but the new one has it's benefits. The open space is quite nice, especially with the trees nearby and the benches are nice to have a chat with the ladies when you want to kick it back. Speaking of the ladies, there is also a jewellery shop across the way if you ever want to scope out a ring or something too! *_*

Rubix41
Site Admin

Name:
Ian

PostPosted: 06/10/10 16:28  Reply with quote

Ah ha! I just remembered something actually! I would definitely recommend Lee's Fish Bar!

My sister, who now lives in London, always visits Lee's once every time she's here because of the high standard of fare and fine dining at the location. I actually find service is higher if you have a seat near the lower part of the restaurant (near the frying station) because of one, yes, one of the waitress' having a good work ethic and always ensuring a smile on her face and kind manners. Well, worth dropping a 2 tip for that level of service! Razz

My colleague suggested the Lyceum but I have never been there. Sad Has anyone been inside the Lyceum?

Mr Sleep
Site Admin

Name:
Martin Webb

PostPosted: 07/10/10 18:25  Reply with quote

LOL, if a tourist was heading towards Crewe, I'd probably point them in the direction of Nantwich! (For their own benefit, not 'cause I have any problem with tourists!)
Though it really depends on what sort of interest a person has - for myself it's still the only place for quite a distance that you can find a comic shop!

Hawq
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Paul

PostPosted: 07/10/10 20:25  Reply with quote

Mr Sleep wrote:
it's still the only place for quite a distance that you can find a comic shop!
a nice friendly one as well

King Jimmeh
J-Fan

Name:

PostPosted: 08/10/10 14:32  Reply with quote

See, while I haven't any great issues with the fella at the comic shop, I've never found him to be the friendliest guy either =/

Rubix41
Site Admin

Name:
Ian

PostPosted: 15/10/10 10:11  Reply with quote

*_* I might have to check out this fabled comic store in Nantwich, this weekend!

Rubix41
Site Admin

Name:
Ian

PostPosted: 22/11/10 19:54  Reply with quote

Hmm! I have just visited Crewe's local Japanese restaurant Goomet . Someone once told me you can tell a lot about the Japanese restaurant by the extraction or fans they use i.e, the extraction / fans should remove the smell of fried fish, etc from your clothes - the better the restaurant, the better the fans because a) they have a lot of customers and b) they care that the customers don't walk away from the place smelling like they walked through a kitchen.

Ok, maybe because I was making up 50% of the clientele there the fans weren't on, but I think the fans should be on when you have tappenyaki - hot plate cooking, sizzling oil, etc (what the other 50% were eating)

IMHO, it's not bad but not perfect either (unfortunate but expected) BUT I would say that the Tappenyaki chef, Hua, is pretty cool and it looks like the Tappenyaki experience is quite good and would love to have tappenyaki at the place if I can find someone to take since I need a minimum of two people, each forking over 20 for a meal. :down:

Either way, I wll give it a C+ :p

Display:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> The On-sen
Page 1 of 1

Constructed from phpBB

bl corner br corner
Neko Desu Radio