tl corner tr corner
Home
AMGSC logo
Konnichiwa to the AMGSC - how can we help you?
Tuesday - 1st March - 7pm
YOU ARE NOW ON WEBSITE 2.1 at creweanime.co.uk
Please update your links and bookmarks!

Mass effect
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> Computer & Console Games

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 07/04/10 22:23  Reply with quote

I've borrowed mass effect off a friend the other day. I'm about 4 hours in and I'm really staring to enjoy it.

avmakt
Otaku

Name:

PostPosted: 12/05/10 21:18  Reply with quote

It's a good game! You should try to play as an adept on insanity difficulty; you die a lot but that's more fun than just waltzing into a room and destroying everyone with a single biotic attack. Although that's good too. Eh. Either way is fine.

Anonymous
????

Name:

PostPosted: 01/06/10 18:21  Reply with quote

Mass Effect is an awesome game!!! I've not spent too much time on Mass Effect 2 yet, but I'm already feeling the greatness of it! Very Happy

Anonymous
????

Name:

PostPosted: 01/06/10 20:04  Reply with quote

They're both solid enough games. Although I think the second is a little bit weaker than the first. (Mostly for the changes to combat... forcing it to play like a cover shooter...)

That said, I've beaten both on the highest difficulties... And look forward to the third.

Strong points:
Characterization. Even the "generic" characters have a fair bit of nuance.
Fun powers.

Weak points:
Overarching plot is a little silly if analyzed.
Gunplay is fairly weak, almost unfun on ME2's highest difficulty.

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 05/01/11 12:55  Reply with quote

I completed mass effect a while ago and absolutely loved it. I thought it was one of the best games I've played in a while. I then bought Mass effect 2.
Initially I didn't take to it as quickly but after a few hours I found myself hooked. After playing it through for the first time I did think the first was the stronger game (I preferred the combat of the first game, and hate the resource gathering of the second game). But the more I thought about this I changed my mind (I can't really put my finger on why I just now prefer the second game, I've played it through a few times now). In the end I now realise the second was the better game (but for those considering playing the mass effect games, you don't HAVE to play the first one but I REALLY recommend that you do).
There is some dlc you pay for (something which I am opposed to, either charge more and give us the full game all in one go, or give us extra for free, don't sell half a game then charge us for the rest Evil or Very Mad ), but I actually paid for layer of the shadow broker. This dlc actually has significant plot developments for the final game, and it looks superb.
I really can't wait for the third (and final) instalment. The first trailer is out now :drool:

Link

Display:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> Computer & Console Games
Page 1 of 1

Constructed from phpBB

bl corner br corner
Neko Desu Radio