tl corner tr corner
Home
AMGSC logo
Konnichiwa to the AMGSC - how can we help you?
Tuesday - 1st March - 7pm
YOU ARE NOW ON WEBSITE 2.1 at creweanime.co.uk
Please update your links and bookmarks!

Firefly and Serenity
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> Western Films, TV & Comics

Anonymous
????

Name:

PostPosted: 01/06/10 19:13  Reply with quote

Is it just me or is this a series that deserves more than just one film?

I watched the series when it first aired on Sci Fi channel in the UK (out of sequence *grump*) and fell in love.

Then I got the boxset and I'm officially now an obsessive. I bought Serenity but feel like it was just a rush of eventsl, most of which wouldn't make much sense to non-fans!

I don't know if it was much of a commercial success, but if it wasn't, that's why I think it wasn't! I feel like I need to go on some kind of hunger strike until they commission another series.

Anyone else love it? Hate it? Meh it? Laughing

Hawq
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Paul

PostPosted: 01/06/10 21:26  Reply with quote

an excellent series that fell foul of the morons at Box (as did where I borrowed that gag from)

avmakt
Otaku

Name:

PostPosted: 01/06/10 22:44  Reply with quote

i have for a while been of the opinion that firefly should be held up as the complete example of what a sci-fi series should be - i think some of that is that it was cut short when it was still really good. any series that gets too much stuff attached to it starts to lose what made it good.

still, 14 episodes and a film are nowhere near enough - needs more series!

Anonymous
????

Name:

PostPosted: 03/06/10 21:55  Reply with quote

I agree! I can't understand what made them cancel it - there still seems to be so much demand from the fans for more!
I think some form of mass protest is in order..!
I think the thing that annoyed me most was the handling of the blue gloved men - in Serenity they just seemed to be rushed through and it sort of ruined the ominous expectation that Firefly had been building throughout the series.
I've got some of the comics, too, and although they're nice to have to expand the universe a bit, I still want more!

avmakt
Otaku

Name:

PostPosted: 03/06/10 23:05  Reply with quote

did you hear about the semi-official fan-film that some people are making?

Anonymous
????

Name:

PostPosted: 13/06/10 20:40  Reply with quote

By semi-official fan film does that mean a few people dressed up with bad lighting and only a casual resemblance to the Firefly 'verse? Razz - But I'm being cynical! No, I haven't heard anything about it!
Do tell...!

avmakt
Otaku

Name:

PostPosted: 13/06/10 21:58  Reply with quote

It's called "browncoats: redemption" and is approved and endorsed by joss whedon and most of the original cast as well,
not sure what the plot is, but there is a facebook page and its own website - bear with me while i check around for it

avmakt
Otaku

Name:

PostPosted: 13/06/10 21:59  Reply with quote

at least i thought there was a facebook page. not anymore apparently...

avmakt
Otaku

Name:

PostPosted: 13/06/10 22:08  Reply with quote

http://browncoatsmovie.com/
and it's all in aid of charity!

obviously not of the same calibre as the actual series but surprisingly competent looking for a fan-film.

Anonymous
????

Name:

PostPosted: 14/06/10 20:13  Reply with quote

I'm impressed and shall be buying the DVD for certain!
Thanks for the link, avmakt! Very Happy
It actually looks like a proper film, too - no shaky cameras and sticky-taped sets. Just shows how great the series was that it's generating this much attention and effort even now!

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 03/11/10 22:38  Reply with quote

They cut the series short due to poor ratings (since they didn't show the long pilot people never really got behind it). Eventually it got a cult following and the DVD sales prompted the film.

It is very good. The only sci-fi that's better is battlestar galactica!

Rubix41
Site Admin

Name:
Ian

PostPosted: 03/05/11 20:57  Reply with quote

JAYNE, THE MAN THEY CALL JAYNE!!! *_*

Firefly was brief like a Mayfly but it lit up the Sci Fi universe in its time. So good, they named a TV trope after it to explain it's demise: The Firefly effect

I still watch Firefly but there aint going to be another season T_T (Plus, the Browncoats one is only so-so..)

Survived the night at Minami Con 13 and 11

Come visit our Fb: www.facebook.com/AMGSC

Display:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> Western Films, TV & Comics
Page 1 of 1

Constructed from phpBB

bl corner br corner
Neko Desu Radio