tl corner tr corner
Home
AMGSC logo
Konnichiwa to the AMGSC - how can we help you?
Tuesday - 1st March - 7pm
YOU ARE NOW ON WEBSITE 2.1 at creweanime.co.uk
Please update your links and bookmarks!

Warner Bros. Adapting Bleach Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> Western Films, TV & Comics

Hawq
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Paul

PostPosted: 22/03/10 18:35  Reply with quote

not a lot of news about it really other than the announcement
Quote:
Warner Bros. Pictures is developing an adaptation of the manga "Bleach," to be produced by Peter Segal, Michael Ewing and Viz Media, the company that releases the books in English in the U.S.

The manga is described as follows:

For as long as he can remember, Ichigo Kurosaki has been able to see ghosts. But when he meets Rukia, a Soul Reaper from the Soul Society who battles evil spirits known as Hollows, his life changes forever. Now, with a new-found wealth of spiritual energy, Ichigo discovers his true calling: to protect the living and the dead from evil at all costs!

The title, written and drawn by Tite Kubo, has been published in weekly installments in Japan since 2001. An animated series airs on Cartoon Network and Canada's YTV.
source maybe they can ask Gene Simmons's son to 'write' it for them Laughing on a more serious note I get the same uneasy feeling as I do about any live action adaptation, while it doesn't say live action in the quote it can't be anything else really as other mediums are pretty well covered already

Seraphic Star
J-Fan

Name:
Dan P.

PostPosted: 23/03/10 00:58  Reply with quote

My favorite anime, live action? It will suck so much.
 じしf_, )

"Mwahahahaha! How long I've waited... Gilgamesh fights again!"

Hawq
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Paul

PostPosted: 23/03/10 18:38  Reply with quote

Sankaku are being optimistic about the adaptation about as optimistic as SS there:
Quote:
Hollywood to Rape Bleach

The latest manga to fall into Hollywood?s clutches is Bleach, with Warner Brothers set to release its version of the interminable series in 2014.

Producing the film will be small time nobody Peter Segal, best known for directing such classics as Naked Gun 33⅓: The Final Insult and Get Smart.

He is said to be looking to branch out from inane comedy to supernatural action, and what better way to start than with a manga classic.

Most Hollywood adaptations of anime, manga and game titles so far have been critical failures, often antagonising fans of the originals by substantially changing the story and character of the work, though their box office performance has been more mixed. The chances of a Bleach adaptation bucking this trend seem remote.

Display:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> Western Films, TV & Comics
Page 1 of 1

Constructed from phpBB

bl corner br corner
Neko Desu Radio