tl corner tr corner
Home
AMGSC logo
Konnichiwa to the AMGSC - how can we help you?
Tuesday - 1st March - 7pm
YOU ARE NOW ON WEBSITE 2.1 at creweanime.co.uk
Please update your links and bookmarks!

MCM expo Sat 19th Feb 2011 trip
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> The On-sen

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 09/01/11 20:11  Reply with quote

This years Midlands MCM expo will be on Saturday 19th February Very Happy . Like previous years the expo's website doesn't look like it will be updated until just before the expo.

For those who wish to go, some of us will be driving down and willing to give lifts. I should stress that this is NOT a club trip, but members of the club and friends driving down to the expo. I will be driving again (as will Martin hopefully). Depending upon numbers wishing to go, we may ask/beg other to drive also :inno: . As those of us who will be driving have to pay for petrol and parking we will be asking for 5 per person.

As it stands tickets for entry will be 5 and are bought on the door. Normal entry starts at 11:00am (there is an early entry, but that cost more and we would have to leave much earlier). The expo is open until 5:00pm but we usually leave around 3:00pm.

We will meet outside the church hall where the club meets at 9:15 am . We aim to leave there at 9:30am.

If you would like to come and want a lift post here and let us know as soon a possible please. Just so we can get an idea about numbers and if we need more people to give lifts. Peter aka bobmarleypeople has already expressed interest for himself and his sister.

If people want to make their own way to the expo we look forward to seeing you there.

For those going for the first time I have a few bits of advise:
I strongly recommend getting cash out before you go, the queue for the only cash point can take half an hour Neutral .
Bring a pack lunch. They do sell hot food and sandwiches etc but these tend to be quite expensive Surprised .

Last edited by kylej64 on 10/01/11 13:16; edited 1 time in total

avmakt
Otaku

Name:

PostPosted: 10/01/11 11:00  Reply with quote

i intend to go if i can get back from uni that week. and i'm pretty sure i have nothing else on (inconveniently timed feasts and the like) to interfere. if i can go i would very much appreciate a lift

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 10/01/11 13:15  Reply with quote

Surprised Looks like Martin will not be able to make it this year Sad . Thus stating interest quickly is essential!

P.S anyone with a car willing to consider giving people a lift please pm me soon :inno:

P.P.S expressing an interest does not guarantee you can go. We will have to see how many spaces we will have in cars and how many people want to go etc

P.P.P.S I have had some interest from some of the committee a while ago (we've been loosely discussing this on our part of the forum for a while now). This means more interest than spaces at the moment. But don't be put off from expressing an interest. At the next meet I will be pushing for definite answers and spaces may become available.

And we may get the use of another car if we are lucky :inno:

rainbowrainbow
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Tim Smith

PostPosted: 11/01/11 07:38  Reply with quote

I'm definitely interested in going, saturday is a good to go for me espicially as its the expo (wouldn't miss for the world). A lift would be much appreciated too.

Rubix41
Site Admin

Name:
Ian

PostPosted: 11/01/11 17:44  Reply with quote

I got wheels so I might be able to roll to the location. (If anyone can stand my driving) I need to know what shift AND if I am working Saturday that week....ooh hang on, I might be able to book it off.

Survived the night at Minami Con 13 and 11

Come visit our Fb: www.facebook.com/AMGSC

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 11/01/11 19:42  Reply with quote

Rubix41 wrote:
I got wheels so I might be able to roll to the location. (If anyone can stand my driving) I need to know what shift AND if I am working Saturday that week....ooh hang on, I might be able to book it off.

:inno: I'm keeping my fingers crossed :inno:

grr_im_here
Otaku

Name:
Daniel Dale

PostPosted: 12/01/11 04:44  Reply with quote

just to make sure, i'm going aswell Smile

rainbowrainbow
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Tim Smith

PostPosted: 17/01/11 18:08  Reply with quote

May need to start making my "what to get list" again. It will probably be one piece mainly but there are a few boxsets i want, claymore for example and blu-ray dragonball kai Surprised

avmakt
Otaku

Name:

PostPosted: 04/02/11 22:03  Reply with quote

looks like i have no feast that week, so assuming i can find a train it looks like i'll be back in crewe for that and would very much appreciate a lift.

is there any news on the definitely-not-club-activity trip?

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 11/02/11 21:03  Reply with quote

It is definitely-not-club-activity trip.

I have pm'ed the people who contacted me first to offer them lifts. If they say no I'll see who left still wants a lift.

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 12/02/11 22:51  Reply with quote

Sorry all who expressed an interest first want lifts, so my car is full Sad

grr_im_here
Otaku

Name:
Daniel Dale

PostPosted: 13/02/11 08:45  Reply with quote

If anybody going for the 1st time by train to Telford and want to know how to get to the cetre from the station (by foot), it's pretty easy to follow.

1: Follow the signs to the shopping centre until you notice the signs to the international centre ('intnal ctre' for short, or something like that. I carn't remember how it was spelt Crying or Very sad )

2: Now follow the signs that hint to go to the centre (well thank you Mr. Obvious Rolling Eyes )

It takes about 5-15 minutes to get there (depending on your walking pace)
If you don't know what building looks like, google it.
And if you still not sure, print of a map, just in case. Smile

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 15/02/11 20:33  Reply with quote

They've updated the website quite a bit recently http://www.midlandsmcmexpo.com/

bobmarleypeople
Otaku

Name:
Peter Shillito
Location: Cheshire, England, UK, Europe, Earth, Universe, Glass Marble 1

PostPosted: 16/02/11 23:11  Reply with quote

WARNING: Not only is the queue to the cash machine VERY long, but I remember it charging a lot to get money out as well, so I'd take out more than you plan to spend just in case.

It seems all the big anime companies are there this year, not just MVM like last year, so it should be cool. Manga UK have DVDs from 2 and Blu-ray from 5 on their stall, so there may be some small change spent there after the main shop is done. The guy on the Manga stall is actually from Kaz (a French anime licensor) who license anime for the UK and then distribute through Manga UK. It's amazing what you find out on Twitter!

I'm baaaaaack!

Hawq
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Paul

PostPosted: 17/02/11 16:58  Reply with quote

if only I had some money but alas is broke till next week Sad no cheap shiny blu-ray goodness for me Sad

Display:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> The On-sen
Page 1 of 1

Constructed from phpBB

bl corner br corner
Neko Desu Radio