tl corner tr corner
Home
AMGSC logo
Konnichiwa to the AMGSC - how can we help you?
Tuesday - 1st March - 7pm
YOU ARE NOW ON WEBSITE 2.1 at creweanime.co.uk
Please update your links and bookmarks!

Megaupload dead, workers indicted
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> The On-sen

Hawq
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Paul

PostPosted: 19/01/12 20:22  Reply with quote

Quote:
Federal prosecutors in Virginia have shut down one of the world’s largest file-sharing sites, Megaupload.com, and charged its founder and others with violating piracy laws.

The indictment accuses the company of costing copyright holders more than $500 million in lost revenue from pirated films and other content. The indictment was unsealed Thursday, one day after websites shut down in protest of two congressional proposals intended to thwart the online piracy of copyrighted movies and TV programs.

Megaupload.com has claimed it is diligent in responding to complaints about pirated material.

The indictment says at one point, Megaupload was the 13th most popular website in the world.

source

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 22/01/12 20:45  Reply with quote

Amazing how fast the Americans moved in on Megaupload.
What was more amazing was Anonymous responce.
Quote:
Hacking group Anonymous retaliated after Megaupload was taken down by launching denial of service attacks on the websites of the U.S. Department of Justice, FBI, Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) and Recording Industry Association of American (RIAA), among others.

Rubix41
Site Admin

Name:
Ian

PostPosted: 29/01/12 20:55  Reply with quote

Hawq wrote:
Quote:
Federal prosecutors in Virginia have shut down one of the world’s largest file-sharing sites, Megaupload.com, and charged its founder and others with violating piracy laws.

The indictment accuses the company of costing copyright holders more than $500 million in lost revenue from pirated films and other content. The indictment was unsealed Thursday, one day after websites shut down in protest of two congressional proposals intended to thwart the online piracy of copyrighted movies and TV programs.

Megaupload.com has claimed it is diligent in responding to complaints about pirated material.

The indictment says at one point, Megaupload was the 13th most popular website in the world.

source

There is a gap within where there was once streamed material...

Survived the night at Minami Con 13 and 11

Come visit our Fb: www.facebook.com/AMGSC

Display:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> The On-sen
Page 1 of 1

Constructed from phpBB

bl corner br corner
Neko Desu Radio