tl corner tr corner
Home
AMGSC logo
Konnichiwa to the AMGSC - how can we help you?
Tuesday - 1st March - 7pm
YOU ARE NOW ON WEBSITE 2.1 at creweanime.co.uk
Please update your links and bookmarks!

Worst films ever
Goto page Previous  1, 2
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> Western Films, TV & Comics

rainbowrainbow
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Tim Smith

PostPosted: 14/02/09 17:52  Reply with quote

Cloverfield, there's a film i really hated. I thought it was just at the start that it was set in first person camera view, but oh no, I was soooo wrong, it's all the way through. It even made my eyes hurt and made me dizzy (but it did have a warning note on the movie ticket). Apart from that, and the not too pleasing ending, the story line was pretty good. Also the credits freaked me out, there was no music, just a creepy silence through out the audience. Crying or Very sad

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 14/02/09 09:48  Reply with quote

migratingfishswim wrote:

well that's just your own fault. surely 1 gave you enough warning? Razz

I've got my fingers crossed for Starship Trooper 4 - Troopers take on the Paedos! Check out Casper doing his best acting ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FgFbFKLF8A

Who's in the forest strolling? / The birds and the bees sing "Momiji" / The frogs in the pond are calling / "Momiji", yes it's true. / The trees raise their leaves together / Who needs the sun when we've got you?

Angelus
Otaku

Name:

PostPosted: 12/02/09 08:49  Reply with quote

Mr Sleep wrote:
D'ya know, I think there's a 3 out there too (in addition to some CG-cartoon awefulness). Doesn't bare contemplating...

I have the 3rd movie and have to admit that it's basically an excuse for the series to take the mick out of itself.

The "bad actinbg" is taken to extreme in this movie, i found myself giggling through half of it.

If anyone's interested I can bring my copy along for people to take a look for themselves.

The CG episodes (roughly 7 of them) aren't entirely terrible. though they do deviate from the movies and try to stick more to the original comic book story line. Again i believe i have all of these if anyone wants to judge for themselves.

Anonymous
????

Name:

PostPosted: 12/02/09 07:01  Reply with quote

Mr Sleep wrote:

But yeah, you weren't missing anything. It (well, the recent remake anyway) was reeealy crap.

The original Black Christmas was actually a really effective, creepy slasher flick (that's what I thought, at least), but my lord that remake was brutally bad. In fact, just about every remake (especially horror and comedy remakes) in the past few years have been pretty much unbearable.
Also...

Transformers, the live-action 07 one. Yeah, I know, judging by my avatar and username, I obviously like Transformers. I love the cartoons and action figures, which I collect when I happen to have a cash surplus every now and then, but this movie was horrid. Looking at it as just a movie, it's poorly written, poorly acted, badly edited, overly long, over-produced, and over-directed. The human characters are all boring, annoying, and unconvincing. The action scenes are filmed so shakily and edited together so loosely that you can't tell what's going on. The script, overloaded with some of the worst dialogue ever put to film, insults the audience's intelligence at every chance it gets. And don't even get me started on how terrible it is looking at it as an actual Transformers movie. Not stoked for the sequel.

Actually, just about everything directed or produced by Michael Bay except for Armageddon and Bad Boys. Those were okay, I thought. Seriously, this guy has the skill to make a decent movie. He has more than enough resources. So why does he keep making such bad movies?!

And for anyone who says an Uwe Boll film... Yeah, Boll is pretty terrible, but ever heard of Ulli Lommel? Trying sitting through one of his flicks. He almost makes Boll look good.

Mr Sleep
Site Admin

Name:
Martin Webb

PostPosted: 11/02/09 23:32  Reply with quote

migratingfishswim wrote:
starship troopers.
not only did i have to watch it once when someone else chose the film to see, but then i had to watch it again when it was played on a coach in china...at full (mandarin) volume

that's three hours of my life i'll never get back

Try sitting through Starship Troopers 2
Uuuuuuguughghghghguhgh

D'ya know, I think there's a 3 out there too (in addition to some CG-cartoon awefulness). Doesn't bare contemplating...

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 08/02/09 21:17  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:

What about 'Enemy at the Gates' and 'eXistenZ'. It's just half of (and mainly the recent half) of his films that are awful.

And i'm glad you have the exception on dogma, but i would also say most Kevin Smith films are quite good (and they all seem to include Ben Affleck) like, mallrats, chasing Amy, dogma and even to a lesser extent 'Jay and Silent Bobn stike back' (though don't get me wrong, 'Jersey Girl' was dire, though they did kill off J-Lo's charecter right near the biginning)

More credit to kevin smith that he can make ben affleck bearable!

On the subject of jude law (*spits*) - lest not forget the beautiful and lamentable dirge that was sky captain and the world of tomorrow.

I also totally hate A.I. - good summary, Kyle, what the hell was it with that ending??? Aliens? - holy crap! - give me my life back.

Which links into Indiana Jones and the crystal who gives a fudge Aliens!!!!! Again. Spielberg and Lucas need sorting out - they're the worst kind of people. First they make your childhood all warm and exciting with Dr Jones and Luke Sywalker, before waiting patiently, oh so patiently, before raping your memories with a rancid load of crap a la Dr Aching Bones and Anakin poo-talker, sullying any pleasure you once had of the original movies. Seriously, I go back to those classic movies and it's not the same, not anymore.....

Oh, don't get me started on when I worked at a cinema during the release of Titanic...... on and on and on and on and on.... make it stop...

Who's in the forest strolling? / The birds and the bees sing "Momiji" / The frogs in the pond are calling / "Momiji", yes it's true. / The trees raise their leaves together / Who needs the sun when we've got you?

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 07/02/09 17:30  Reply with quote

migratingfishswim wrote:

ugh, yes that was awful! but then so is every film with jude law (except gattaca)

same goes for every film with matt damon, ben affleck and tom cruise (except dogma)

What about 'Enemy at the Gates' and 'eXistenZ'. It's just half of (and mainly the recent half) of his films that are awful.

And i'm glad you have the exception on dogma, but i would also say most Kevin Smith films are quite good (and they all seem to include Ben Affleck) like, mallrats, chasing Amy, dogma and even to a lesser extent 'Jay and Silent Bobn stike back' (though don't get me wrong, 'Jersey Girl' was dire, though they did kill off J-Lo's charecter right near the biginning)

Elkat
J-Fan

Name:

PostPosted: 07/02/09 00:44  Reply with quote

Oddly, I've seen that Futurama episode and I admit, I wasn't the slightest bit offended once so ever. Then again I at times find shows like Futurama or Family Guy to be funny so I guess I would be hypocrate if I said I was disgusted by it.

Mr Sleep
Site Admin

Name:
Martin Webb

PostPosted: 06/02/09 16:55  Reply with quote

Elkat wrote:
Black Christmas...

I wasn't put off by the theme of christmas at all (cue "Santa Claus is gunning you down", Futurama style), but I did rage when the killed off Michelle Trachtenberg's character!
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
But yeah, you weren't missing anything. It (well, the recent remake anyway) was reeealy crap.

I'll have to add

American Pie series
Nothing but crass embarrassment and gross-out humour. Waste of time.

Butterfly Effect
Had such potential, but just got more and more pointlessly depressing. The twist at the end had some value, but it was very much not worth the wait!

Elkat
J-Fan

Name:

PostPosted: 20/01/09 05:46  Reply with quote

D.O.A: Dead or Alive
I'm a strong fan for the DOA series, but I felt the movie butchered the story and cast. Though I understand that Ayane has fallen in love with Hayate (her own half-brother/cousin) since he was the only person who didn't see her as the "poisoned child", the movie made no point in telling the audience that they were related or even mentioning Raido, her father and Hayate's and Kasumi's uncle! They gave pretty much no background for any of the characters and portrayed Kasumi far too coldly as well as make Christie a hero (last time I check, attempting assassination against one of the game's good guys doesn't count as being heroic). The only character that they portrayed remotely accurately was Jack and that was because he was an American, partying playboy! (Don't get me started on the two "new" characters they introduced.) Bottom line: American director + Japanese video game franchise = indefinate failure.

Burn After Reading
Maybe me, and my elder sister, don't have the exact "sense of humor" to find the movie funny, but I found difficult to follow the plot of the story and was left feeling unsatisfied with how the whole movie ended. Maybe it's not the slapstick comedy I was expecting, but I thought movies labelled "comedy" have focus a little less on its plot and more on it's gags! Am I wrong with this?

Shawn of the Dead
Long story short, the reasons I didn't like this movie was the same as Burn After Reading. I guess I'm just not into that kind of humor.

Black Christmas
Never watched it because I don't like horror movies (yet I have no complaints with "horror" anime and manga). I'm not religious, by my family celebrates Christmas like many other American families and I guess I hold that holiday for something dear. You can only expect my disgust at hearing that they've created a horror movie involving something I hold dear! Was anybody else the slightest bit disgusted like me (if not completely outraged by such a movie?) I know freedom of speech and I happen to the most open minded person I can think of, but I think there are just some lines you don't cross and making a horror movie based on Christmas is one of them!

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 20/01/09 01:00  Reply with quote

Does no one else despise any films or want to disagree with any of my choices?

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 16/01/09 01:08  Reply with quote

This was sujested by GaTCHa and i think it is a good idea.

I'll start the slatting first. (i point out there is no particular order to these)

Vanilla skys (the Tom Cruise one, not 'Open Your Eyes' the original)
I won't go into detail about how boring it was, or the way it amazed me as to how little i could care about the charecters. Instead i'll tell you about what happened when i went to the cinima to see it. After about half an hour, nearly the entire cinima was board and had started talking (a few had even walked out). The usher actually came in, muted the film and warned the entire audience that if we didn't shut up we would get kicked out.

A.I. Artificial Intelligence. That was about 2 and a half hours (that felt like A LOT MORE) of my life i can never get back. It just dribbled out, never ending like bad diarrhea. And just when you think it has come to the end, Aliens. i mean any slight bit of interest i had died it's final painfull death right then (i later found out what appeared to be aliens were just advanced future robots, but it was not obvious).

humm, potentially a contraversial one now

Wild wild west. I was forced to pay to see it against my will (on an activities weekend and was told we were going, end of story, dispite my protests). I was painfull.

Jack, 1996 with robin williams as the 'kid' who aged 4 time as fast as a normal person. What ever bright spark wrote this should hide his head in shame.

and that will do for now. i'm sure to add to these as time passes.

Display:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> Western Films, TV & Comics Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Constructed from phpBB

bl corner br corner
Neko Desu Radio