tl corner tr corner
Home
AMGSC logo
Konnichiwa to the AMGSC - how can we help you?
Tuesday - 1st March - 7pm
YOU ARE NOW ON WEBSITE 2.1 at creweanime.co.uk
Please update your links and bookmarks!

Green fingers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> The On-sen

Mr Sleep
Site Admin

Name:
Martin Webb

PostPosted: 22/04/09 09:52  Reply with quote

I lack knowledge in the horticultural department (oo-er!), so this is my meager contribution to this thread - a Japanophile's attempt at cultural reference:

(For some reason the Japanese seem to like "the unexplained" in their photos!)

Last edited by Mr Sleep on 04/07/09 10:21; edited 1 time in total

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 22/04/09 11:39  Reply with quote

GaTCHa wrote:
you are like a god creating eden

or a farmer Laughing

As for ghosts, my house is haunted. We have 2 ghosts, a lady in blue at the front of the houe and and stable boy at the back of the house (my house is 200ish years old) Neutral

Here is the first tomato flower Very Happy (i'm using this emoticon as there isn't a smug one yet)
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu4/kylej64/flowers03.jpg

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 22/04/09 17:32  Reply with quote

I tell you it's a triffid!

Who's in the forest strolling? / The birds and the bees sing "Momiji" / The frogs in the pond are calling / "Momiji", yes it's true. / The trees raise their leaves together / Who needs the sun when we've got you?

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 24/04/09 23:45  Reply with quote

I've spent another afternoon in the garden (was going to be the morning but a neighbour had a massive bonfire and the smoke was blowing straight into my garden :sick: )

I re-potted the tomatoe plant i am growing in the dinning room. It had completely out grown it's 6" pot so i've put it into an 8" one (biggest one i could find lying round that would fit inside.

I've put 2 plants outside in a massive ceramic pot.

I've planted out 2 more dwarf plants in a 12" pot. The 2 in the hanging basket are doing ok, but the 2 already in another pot seem to be dying a bit. I think the strong sun the last few days was too much for them.

2 of the tomato plants in the growbags behind the garage have died. I've put my biggest and bushiest (not tallest but has most branches and leaves) in the place of the 2 that died.

I found a catipillar on one of the leaves of a tomatoe plant planted along the side of the house Surprised . it had eaten half a leaf, and stuch the other half to form a tube. I picked off this leaf and chucked it into a clump of weeds the other side of the garden.

I planted out the last of my french beans.

The basil has started to sprout (well 2 out of the 10 seeds i planted)

None of the marigolds have sprouts so i've scattered seeds around the garden and in a couple of pots (odd's are some should germinate, hopefully :inno: )

Look who hopped over to see me while I was gardening (hopped onto my foot)

And i've found my garlic Very Happy . I planted some garlic cloves last summer. We had the garage re-built and the pots my garlic were in got lost. Well today i found 2 of them. The garlic had been knocked out and was just lying in another empty plant pot so I re-planted it. The bulbs are the size of a small onion, it had a few roots and a shoot that was a few inches long (even though it wasn't in any soil or getting any light). I've put the re-potted garlic in a slightly sheltered area to begin with, but will move it into direct sun when it is a little stronger.

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 25/04/09 07:44  Reply with quote

Shame about the dead plants.

Good job on the basil Smile

Who's in the forest strolling? / The birds and the bees sing "Momiji" / The frogs in the pond are calling / "Momiji", yes it's true. / The trees raise their leaves together / Who needs the sun when we've got you?

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 27/04/09 17:39  Reply with quote

migratingfishswim wrote:
mine/gatcha's strawberry plants are starting to flower

the tomatoes and the beans are starting to SHOOOOOOOOOOOOT up (thank you kyle)

our triffids will fight yours!!!

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 28/04/09 10:04  Reply with quote

migratingfishswim wrote:
mine/gatcha's strawberry plants are starting to flower

Mine too Very Happy

migratingfishswim wrote:
the tomatoes and the beans are starting to SHOOOOOOOOOOOOT up (thank you kyle)

Your welcome. (though my beans aren't shooting up, but they are starting to open their next set of propper leaves Smile

GaTCHa wrote:
our triffids will fight yours!!!

I've raised a whole army of massive triffids, what chance do you have with my cast offs

Link

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 28/04/09 17:49  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:

I've raised a whole army of massive triffids, what chance do you have with my cast offs

Link

DAVID and GOLIATH - 'nuff said Laughing

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 29/04/09 13:13  Reply with quote

Luke Valentine vs Alucard Razz

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 29/04/09 17:37  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:
Luke Valentine vs Alucard Razz

war-rabbit vs disembodied head and gloves Razz

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 29/04/09 17:41  Reply with quote

luffy vs Buggy the clown

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 29/04/09 21:29  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:
luffy vs Buggy the clown

boxers vs Y-fronts

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 29/04/09 21:42  Reply with quote

There was a big fish in the sea,
That ate swimmers and small fish for tea.
He grew quite tremendous,
But his end was horrendous . . .
?twas another fish bigger than he (he he)

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 30/04/09 17:32  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:
There was a big fish in the sea,
That ate swimmers and small fish for tea.
He grew quite tremendous,
But his end was horrendous . . .
?twas another fish bigger than he (he he)

we're going to need a bigger boat Razz

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 02/05/09 22:43  Reply with quote

tomorrow i will have to put up more pics.

I was given a 'growbag greenhouse' today Very Happy . It is a small plastic greenhouse big enough to hold one growbag. So i put out 3 plants in that, and three more on the wall next to the rest. I also put out one of the larger potted ones from the room next to mine (it is too big for the windowsill).

Now i have only 5 plants in my room Very Happy . I don't need the extra table in front of the window Smile . I feel like i have just got my room back.

Though the basil isn't doing well so i've bought some new seeds, i will plant them when i get a chance (tomorrow or more likely monday)

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 03/05/09 08:47  Reply with quote

look forward to seeing them. Hope you sort out your basil woes....

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 03/05/09 08:52  Reply with quote

I need to post a quick correction. where I said 'growbag greenhouse', what i meant to say is GIANT KITE I CAN TIE MY PLANTS TO SO THAT THEY WILL BE BLOWN/DRAGGED TO H*LL Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 03/05/09 09:19  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:
I need to post a quick correction. where I said 'growbag greenhouse', what i meant to say is GIANT KITE I CAN TIE MY PLANTS TO SO THAT THEY WILL BE BLOWN/DRAGGED TO H*LL Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad

damn it - I read your cycling post about the gale - your triffids now have an airborne division....

sorry to hear about it - hope the plants not badly damaged....

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 06/05/09 22:49  Reply with quote

migratingfishswim wrote:

you are a plant mutilator

is it ok to cut their growing tips? some plants will stop growing! but presumably you've read it up somewhere so i'll shut up

ps - i see your luffy avatar for you now

yay, my new avatar is working Very Happy

Any way, cutting of the growing tip to stop growth is the whole point. My indoor tomatoes are huge, they are filling all the space i have, they are too tall, they now have to be put infront of french doors as they are too big for any windows (between 3 and a half feet and 4 and a half feet tall)
i've begun to try to polinate the tomato flowers. i've tried increasing humidity and shaking breaches lightly, (and also putting my elec toothbrush to the stem and using the vibration). Fingers cross something works :inno:

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 07/05/09 17:02  Reply with quote

migratingfishswim wrote:

?

on second thoughts, i don't think i want to know Wink

errrr - plant sexual aids - you leaf lifter! you stem stroker! you petal pervert! you root rodgerer! Laughing

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 07/05/09 23:14  Reply with quote

I've planted more basil seeds, i'm hoping at least a few of them germinate. :inno:

The forest (army) of tomato plants outside are growing nicely, but they take loads of water. Good job I live at home and don't pay the bills.
So far I have had no luck with the marigolds (I might have to buy plants from the garden centre, I hoped to grow every thing from seed but that isn't working :down: )

The garlic, while still a bit pale is growing slghtly.

The beans are looking a bit yellowish but are sprouting loads of new leaves. I might look into it, but when i look for problms i tend to find many things to become paranoid about Neutral .

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 08/05/09 05:48  Reply with quote

ours are doing nicely but we're going to have to get bigger pots. I know what you mean about how much water they use - hate to imagine how much you're using if our little offerings are anything to go by....

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 08/05/09 09:01  Reply with quote

On a sunny day with no rain (and it is still early on, my plants still have alot of growing left to do, and the weather is suppose to get sunnyer) my 12 litre watering can isn't enough Neutral . It takes 2 trips. But that is for 24 tomato plants, 7 french beans, 2 garlic and 2 strawberries. Though soon I will also have some marigolds and basil to worry about also.

One thing I have noticed is that the plants are growing much slower outside than they were inside. This is probably due to the colder weather, but as I started so early in the season it really isn't a problem. And they are still growing, just slower (but with one of the indoor ones already being 4ft, i couldn't cope if they were all that big yet)

I've still got 8 plants indoors (though 2 are dwarf, 1 is the top of one that got blown of my windowsill by the wind (the very top was salivigable and has grown a small root stock, but it wilts very easily in direct sun still and need alot of attention) 1 small but very healthy little one and a recently germinated one (I wanted to see how they grow when planted later in the season, how spindley they would start off etc and if they got big enough to produce a reasonable crop compared to those planted earlier). Then there is my three beasts that are growing very rapidly (the one that is 4ft can grow up to 1 inch on a sunny day Surprised )

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 08/05/09 17:24  Reply with quote

I must saying I'm really enjoying this post and glad it's taken off.

I must pop round to yours, Kyle, and see the triffids plants in person Smile

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 08/05/09 23:23  Reply with quote

Well my kite (growbag greenhouse) was off again today Rolling Eyes . It cleared a 6ft wall, well most of it, it did leave a trail of poles from the base and the growbag to where it ended up. The plants are not much more damaged since it's last escape (thankfully). I've re-sited it and have tried to anchor it further. Neutral

I've been pruning side shoots and further securing the plants while dealing with the kites escapade.

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 09/05/09 08:01  Reply with quote

when the wind next gets up you gotta film it just for us to see - it sounds amazing it can get such lift.

you should put your name and address on it and see how far it gets before someone returns it like they do with those balloon release competitions Laughing

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 09/05/09 10:17  Reply with quote

It is still there this morning Very Happy . Maybe my latest attempt to anchor it worked Surprised

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 09/05/09 10:27  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:
It is still there this morning Very Happy . Maybe my latest attempt to anchor it worked Surprised

I think your next job is to start growing some Gum Gum Fruit Laughing

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 09/05/09 10:31  Reply with quote

GaTCHa wrote:

I think your next job is to start growing some Gum Gum Fruit Laughing

You find me the seeds and i'll devote the rest of the year soley to growing them

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 09/05/09 10:34  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:

You find me the seeds and i'll devote the rest of the year soley to growing them

maybe we should get a crew together, Kyle, and head off for the Grand Line in search of the Devil Fruit! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Display:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> The On-sen Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Constructed from phpBB

bl corner br corner
Neko Desu Radio