tl corner tr corner
Home
AMGSC logo
Konnichiwa to the AMGSC - how can we help you?
Tuesday - 1st March - 7pm
YOU ARE NOW ON WEBSITE 2.1 at creweanime.co.uk
Please update your links and bookmarks!

Hello are their any other One Piece fans out there
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> Anime, Manga, Japan

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 02/05/09 07:41  Reply with quote

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Who's in the forest strolling? / The birds and the bees sing "Momiji" / The frogs in the pond are calling / "Momiji", yes it's true. / The trees raise their leaves together / Who needs the sun when we've got you?

rainbowrainbow
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Tim Smith

PostPosted: 01/05/09 15:00  Reply with quote

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 30/04/09 22:07  Reply with quote

rainbowrainbow eye's only (or anyone else who has seen/read past the arlong arc)

rainbowrainbow
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Tim Smith

PostPosted: 30/04/09 18:15  Reply with quote

For kyles eyes only..

I haven't posted a comment in a while, so now i'm on episode 58 Very Happy

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 30/04/09 17:31  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:

that was so long ago, what just happened in chap 44. Are you one the grand line yet (reply as spoiler)

no way near it according to Kyle - he is my One Piece Sensei Laughing

Who's in the forest strolling? / The birds and the bees sing "Momiji" / The frogs in the pond are calling / "Momiji", yes it's true. / The trees raise their leaves together / Who needs the sun when we've got you?

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 29/04/09 21:44  Reply with quote

rainbowrainbow wrote:
Just watched episode 44 and now i understand Nami alot better Smile

Also Luffy never ceases to amaze me Very Happy

So what episode are you on Gatcha?

that was so long ago, what just happened in chap 44. Are you one the grand line yet (reply as spoiler)

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 28/04/09 17:57  Reply with quote

rainbowrainbow wrote:

bugger if I know - I've never keep track.

Anime - I'm on Disc 2 of Voyage 1 - Luffy fighting Kuro (chp 37? 38?)

Manga - Vol8 I think - Chapter 81 - Nami and Nami's sister

rainbowrainbow
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Tim Smith

PostPosted: 26/04/09 20:46  Reply with quote

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 24/04/09 18:09  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:

You say that likes there is a difference Confused

They gather crew as they go along, and the more they get the better thay all work together. You can't help but love all of them as the story progresses.

there should be a difference - a true fan should acknowledge any weaknesses... IMHO

back to one piece - really loving the manga (especially the storyline for nami - doesn't mean I like her! Razz ) - need to free up more time to watch the rest of the anime

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 16/04/09 10:41  Reply with quote

GaTCHa wrote:

don't play the "true fan" card Rolling Eyes - only if by "true fan" you mean "loves everything blindly"

You say that likes there is a difference Confused

They gather crew as they go along, and the more they get the better thay all work together. You can't help but love all of them as the story progresses.

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 16/04/09 09:05  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:

a she kicks ass? you haven't seen her kick ass yet Confused
i'll concide points b and c.

And a true one pice fan would love Nami, you have yet to read/see them reach the grand line, by then you would appreciate nami Evil or Very Mad

don't play the "true fan" card Rolling Eyes - only if by "true fan" you mean "loves everything blindly" - that's more "obsessed fanboy" Razz

I do love One Piece, as you well know (and will be discussing together later this afternoon). I can say what I like and don't like and still stand by my statement.

Nami is just there for me at the moment - but I agree with you that I'll love her to bits once her backstory flows and more events happen with her. She needs time to grow on me.

It's just I rate Luffy and Zolo way more. I think it's realisitc and fair to say you naturally identify and appreciate some manga characters more than others in a story.

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 15/04/09 22:24  Reply with quote

GaTCHa wrote:

yeah - she needs to develop a good back story and lose her weird forehead. Still, am glad she is a cool character and not just some manga-production-line bimbo Rolling Eyes

You need some strong cute female characters in manga to make it more interesting - like Seras Victoria Very Happy
Image Replaced With URL For Only One Quote MOD: http://url151.imageshack.us/url151/7615/hscelas001.jpg

she's great because she: a)kicks ass b)has a cute posh accent c) doesn't have a weird forehead Razz

a she kicks ass? you haven't seen her kick ass yet Confused
i'll concide points b and c.

And a true one pice fan would love Nami, you have yet to read/see them reach the grand line, by then you would appreciate nami Evil or Very Mad

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 15/04/09 19:05  Reply with quote

rainbowrainbow wrote:
Thanks for the advice, so i think i'll stick to subbed and maybe try dubbed later on. Smile

I feel the same as Gatcha when it comes to Nami, she really annoys me, i hope seeing her past will change my view of her Sad

yeah - she needs to develop a good back story and lose her weird forehead. Still, am glad she is a cool character and not just some manga-production-line bimbo Rolling Eyes

You need some strong cute female characters in manga to make it more interesting - like Seras Victoria Very Happy

she's great because she: a)kicks ass b)has a cute posh accent c) doesn't have a weird forehead Razz

rainbowrainbow
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Tim Smith

PostPosted: 15/04/09 17:00  Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice, so i think i'll stick to subbed and maybe try dubbed later on. Smile

I feel the same as Gatcha when it comes to Nami, she really annoys me, i hope seeing her past will change my view of her Sad

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 15/04/09 00:11  Reply with quote

rainbowrainbow wrote:
I've just started watching One piece and i'm really enjoying it, i'm on episode 17 so still a long way from the latest episode Very Happy (The opening is cool)

I'm watching the subbed but is the dubbed better or worse?

I say this as a big one piece fan, I've watched the anime from the start all the way through to the end of the enals lobby arc (a very long way off for you). I still read the new chapters every week. I bought the new dubs (stay away from the 4kids dubbs, they are terrible Crying or Very sad ) and as a big fan of one piece in japanese i have to say the new dubs are actually rather good. If you are not used to any just yet, watch what ever is most easily avaiable. they are almost equally good (i slightly prefer the japanese but still put on the dub from time to time when only watching in the background)

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 13/04/09 23:01  Reply with quote

rainbowrainbow wrote:
I've just started watching One piece and i'm really enjoying it, i'm on episode 17 so still a long way from the latest episode Very Happy (The opening is cool)

I've just been watching the first 2 discs - tried them on both subbed and dubbed. Went for subbed first but couldn't really get into it (I normally watch subbed - the exception being Hellsing because I want to hear British accents) but I ended up really enjoying the English dub which surprised me because normally I hate it. The dub just worked really well for Luffy and Zolo and I really got into it - I think I'll watch the rest in English. Very Happy

rainbowrainbow
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Tim Smith

PostPosted: 13/04/09 15:52  Reply with quote

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 12/04/09 10:31  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:
Laughing

But i trust Oda won't do that.

yeah - it's bound to be funny though

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 12/04/09 10:24  Reply with quote

Laughing

But i trust Oda won't do that.

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 11/04/09 20:28  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:
You will grow to love Nami when you find out about here past.

Okay - I believe you. I can see the counter-balance thing.

kylej64 wrote:
Instead of continual rises in power levels people have to overcome new unique abilities by finding weaknesses (no super sajin 2,3,4 what the hell, golden monkey mode). there is a gradual raise in their powers but not stupidly or annoyingly so.

Good Smile didn't want it getting too silly Razz

kylej64 wrote:
The manga got to the red line around chapter 500 but has yet to cross it (and i'm guessing it will be a while).

Awesome!! A real labour of love then - I'm glad the world is being explored and not rushing to the line and going - oh hang on what can we do to pad it out now.... I appreciate a good build up in story.

kylej64 wrote:
As for what the one piece is? you can only guess. i have several theries (gold rodgers pirate flag, the names of his nakama, the adventure to cross the grand line etc)

Or maybe One Piece is just..... one piece of eight and it's all been a big joke.... Razz

( or a one piece bathing costume - LOL cross-dressing pirates)

or (I found this cartoon)

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 11/04/09 16:10  Reply with quote

You will grow to love Nami when you find out about here past. then she truely becomes one of the crew and is a great counter balance to luffy (some one who thinks things through and is more practical)
Axe hand Morgan is a bit pathetic, but buggy and alveda are cool :meowth:

as for devil fruits you can only eat 1 or you will die. Lufy has eaten his already (gum gum fruit). You will get to see all sorts of devil fruit powers as things progress. The variety of abilities keeps it fresh. Instead of continual rises in power levels people have to overcome new unique abilities by finding weaknesses (no super sajin 2,3,4 what the hell, golden monkey mode). there is a gradual raise in their powers but not stupidly or annoyingly so. There are still fruits to be eaten and a world of powers to see. The manga got to the red line around chapter 500 but has yet to cross it (and i'm guessing it will be a while). there is so much in this rich world and it is taking it's time nicely. You gradueally get sneek bits of info on shanks and other immence pirates.

As for what the one piece is? you can only guess. i have several theries (gold rodgers pirate flag, the names of his nakama, the adventure to cross the grand line etc)

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 11/04/09 09:33  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:
GaTCHa why are you not posting? i have given you more one piece and you haven't stated how utterly amazing it all is Confused

Waiting til weekend!!!! Very Happy

I LOVE ONE PIECE!!!!!

The manga is awesome and I am enjoying the anime.

I love Luffy's personality - he can be such a cocky dick but you love him for his indefatigable attitude - the guy just won't give up and the cheeky/funny remarks he says to bad guys makes me snigger. I think he's a really positive rolemodel to kids - don't take any 5h!t and be positive and help others and keep heading for your dreams-stuff Smile

Nami is ok - I find her a bit annoying and her forehead spooks me - she's like one of those dudes from the Tefal adverts.(I think)

Zolo is ROCK! I love the fact he fights with a sword in his mouth and on the anime his voice is all muffled when he's fighting (nice attention to detail and funny as hell). The voice actor also sounds a bit like Adam West when he was younger which is cool.

I've only got about as far as Vol4 so only seen a few of the bad guys but they were okay - Buggy was cool - I didn't rate Morgan.

I like the plot and am interested to find out more about Shanks and obviously the Grand Line, the village at the centre of the Grand and Red line, what are the other Devil Fruits (who has eaten them, are there any to be eaten still, will Nami or Zolo or even Luffy eat some, how many are there) and....... what the One Piece is......

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 10/04/09 23:07  Reply with quote

GaTCHa why are you not posting? i have given you more one piece and you haven't stated how utterly amazing it all is Confused

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 05/04/09 21:37  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:
find me at the next meet and ask me (only if NOTHING and i mean nothing used in a joke could offend you, you have been warned and i am being serious when i say this). I have offended may people in the past.

I will ask Very Happy

Tangelax
Hentai-kun

Name:
Bob Caff

PostPosted: 05/04/09 18:55  Reply with quote

Might take you up on that, don't worry if I don't laugh, I probably won't be offended it's just that I very rarely laugh at jokes, even if I'm laughing out loud, rolling on the floor laughing my ass off whatever on the inside. Razz

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 05/04/09 18:44  Reply with quote

find me at the next meet and ask me (only if NOTHING and i mean nothing used in a joke could offend you, you have been warned and i am being serious when i say this). I have offended may people in the past.

Tangelax
Hentai-kun

Name:
Bob Caff

PostPosted: 05/04/09 18:09  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:
the really dark twisted and rude jokes

The best kind. Laughing

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 05/04/09 18:07  Reply with quote

yes i really enjoy one piece ...too...... Neutral

oh wait this thread has already evolved past this.

I always find I have to be carefull when starting to post on a new forum. if i type as i would talk it can be interpritted to be quite nasty. Initially i kept re-reading what i would post and altering it to avoid confusion. Now i have been posting so long people should know me and realise i don't often take offence or intend to offend (unless telling jokes, but i only remember the really dark twisted and rude jokes (things even i won't post)) Razz

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 03/04/09 17:59  Reply with quote

Angelus wrote:

That certainly sounds about right.

Trust me, once you've met me you'll be hard pressed to find anyone with a more relaxed attitude in general (without being on drugs anyway)

It's so true that there's far too much DRAMA on the internet. I totally agree with the statement, it's definitely somewhat down to the fact that it's incredibly difficult to ascertain the tone or true meaning behind written text.

how dare you say that there's too much drama!!!! grrrrr! now I'm angry Razz
*misreading situation joke in case anyone misreads situation LOL*

sure - eye contact, manerisms/body language and tone play a huge amount. that's why I even hate talking on the phone - I prefer to see someone as it's the little things in the way (look) they speak that say so much more.

Angelus
Otaku

Name:

PostPosted: 03/04/09 09:14  Reply with quote

Tangelax wrote:
I just read an interesting thing which says that actually words are only 7 percent of communicating between humans. No wonder there's always so much drama on the internet.

That certainly sounds about right.

Trust me, once you've met me you'll be hard pressed to find anyone with a more relaxed attitude in general (without being on drugs anyway)

It's so true that there's far too much DRAMA on the internet. I totally agree with the statement, it's definitely somewhat down to the fact that it's incredibly difficult to ascertain the tone or true meaning behind written text.

Display:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> Anime, Manga, Japan Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Constructed from phpBB

bl corner br corner
Neko Desu Radio