tl corner tr corner
Home
AMGSC logo
Konnichiwa to the AMGSC - how can we help you?
Tuesday - 1st March - 7pm
YOU ARE NOW ON WEBSITE 2.1 at creweanime.co.uk
Please update your links and bookmarks!

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood has started
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> Anime, Manga, Japan

Hawq
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Paul

PostPosted: 05/04/09 19:58  Reply with quote

So the new FMA has begun in Japan now, apparantly its due to be on Animax Asia, with Japanese audio and English subtitles so no doubt those versions will appear online (not condoning downloading them of course but maybe some bits will be on youtube to check out) and Funimation continue to do stuff with it as they are planning on streaming it with subs, probably US only most likely Sad still at least it means there's a definite dvd release due someimte eh?
Quote:
FUNimation has acquired digital, broadcast, DVD and merchandising rights to the megahit anime series ?Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood? from Aniplex and debuting on Japan?s MBS and TBS nationally at 5:00 pm on April 5th.

Starting Thursday, April 9 at 10:00 a.m., FUNimation will deliver high-quality, free, original Japanese dialogue accompanied by English subtitles, streaming episodes of studio Bones? new Fullmetal Alchemist via www.funimation.com as well as key video-sharing partners.

?We are proud to be able to simulcast the most anticipated series of 2009,? said Gen Fukunaga, president and CEO of FUNimation Entertainment. ?I hope our fans will appreciate the video and subtitle quality we have achieved as we are working toward the simulcast of more series this year.?

The blockbuster anime series (2003-2004) by the Japanese studio Bones, and subsequent franchise, is based on the manga by Hiromu Arakawa. The followup film ?Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa? (2005) ended the series but many fans wished to see the story continue.

?Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood? is directed by Yasuhiro Irie (?Kurau: Phantom Memory?, ?Soul Eater?). Romi Paku and Rie Kugimiya will reprise their roles as Edward and Alphonse, though some of FMA?s original cast have been replaced. Roy Mustang will now be voiced by Shinichiro Miki (Asato Tsuzuki, ?Descendants of Darkness?). Winrey Rockwell will now be voiced by Megumi Takamoto (Mahou Sensei Negima!) and Riza Hawkeye will be voiced by Fumiko Orikasa (Bleach, RahXephon, Vandread)

ABOUT FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST: BROTHERHOOD
?Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood? is set in a fictional world where alchemy ? the transmutation of raw materials into objects ? is science and the way of life. The series follows the Elric brothers Edward and Alphonse on their perilous journey in search of the legendary Philosopher's Stone. They set forth in the hope that the magical artifact can restore their bodies after a failed attempt to revive their dead mother cost Edward's left leg and right arm; as well as Alphonse's entire body, leaving his soul affixed to a suit of armor.

Tangelax
Hentai-kun

Name:
Bob Caff

PostPosted: 05/04/09 20:03  Reply with quote

I've heard some things about it not feeling like FMA but I'm not sure if that they are actually criticisms or just fanboys/girls of the original series.

Tangelax
Hentai-kun

Name:
Bob Caff

PostPosted: 06/04/09 05:08  Reply with quote

Well I just saw the first episode and it was pretty awesome. I think the people who are saying it's no good are just comparing it the the previous series when there's only one episode out. Next episode is going to be a recap explaining everything about the two brothers by the looks of it.

Anonymous
????

Name:

PostPosted: 06/04/09 17:53  Reply with quote

So... original storyline, or something like Hellsing Ultimate?

Tangelax
Hentai-kun

Name:
Bob Caff

PostPosted: 06/04/09 18:18  Reply with quote

The story's based of the manga, the original anime deviated from it around the part with Dante.

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 07/04/09 23:48  Reply with quote

well, i know what i'll be watching on thursady knight Very Happy

Elkat
J-Fan

Name:

PostPosted: 14/04/09 00:12  Reply with quote

Devaited, you mean mean Anime Wrath is anime only, the manga Wrath turns out to be the anime's Pride (whose son is Pride in the manga) and so on? That's atleast what I hear from my friend whose read the manga. There's also some characters that weren't in the anime (the ninjas for example... yes I said NINJAS; don't ask 'cause this is purely my speculation without actually reading the manga more than volume 1 and that was ALONG time ago!)

Tangelax
Hentai-kun

Name:
Bob Caff

PostPosted: 14/04/09 06:37  Reply with quote

Yeah thats right.

Anyway, watched episode 2 where they cover the history of the Elric brothers, but I'm not too keen on how they just brushed over the whole part where the mother dies. To me it feels like they're trying to distinguish it from the first anime which is hard to do of course when they're the same at the start, so hopefully it will pick up when the story starts to change from the first series though.

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 31/05/09 16:50  Reply with quote

I've watched the first 8 episodes now. I think it is not bad, and that it has major potential. But it is moving much quicker than the original series and you don't get the emotional depth that the original had. Having watched the original many times, i know the charecters and empathise, but for someone knew it could be harder to get into.

That said there are changes from the original already and i'm lovin it Very Happy

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 31/05/09 21:05  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:
I've watched the first 8 episodes now. I think it is not bad, and that it has major potential. But it is moving much quicker than the original series and you don't get the emotional depth that the original had. Having watched the original many times, i know the charecters and empathise, but for someone knew it could be harder to get into.

That said there are changes from the original already and i'm lovin it Very Happy

which do you recommend - old or new? (if you had to choose one and not both Razz )

Who's in the forest strolling? / The birds and the bees sing "Momiji" / The frogs in the pond are calling / "Momiji", yes it's true. / The trees raise their leaves together / Who needs the sun when we've got you?

Tangelax
Hentai-kun

Name:
Bob Caff

PostPosted: 01/06/09 04:23  Reply with quote

Well, that would be incredibly hard to do at them moment seeing as there's only been a few of new episodes released, but compared on what's out now the old one spends alot more time on the emotional development and pulls of the start of the series far better than the new one (not that the new one is too bad, just that the start of the old series was really exceptional).
I can't realy say about what's coming up as I haven't read the manga, so I can't compare it with the old series...

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 01/06/09 08:16  Reply with quote

GaTCHa wrote:

which do you recommend - old or new? (if you had to choose one and not both Razz )

That is a hard question. The old series took its time (it is 52 episodes and a movie). It developed some real depth and you really cared for the charecters. I was awasome, but i don't like the way the series and especially the movie ended things Evil or Very Mad .

The new series has been moving at quite a pace but it would have to, as it has been incredibly similar at the start. Now that they have begun moving away from the old series i hope it slows down a bit. I have really enjoyed it though but some of that has come from what i learnt from the first series.

Essentually i wouldn't like the new series as much if i hadn't seen the old one. But since this will end differently i think i'll end up prefering this new one. Though this is not definate as i have seen 52 eps and i movie for the old one, and only 8eps of the new one Smile

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 01/06/09 18:05  Reply with quote

It seems they're must be really cutting back to go from 52 to 8. I like th idea of better character development of the older one but then the pace of the new one seems attarctive too.

Maybe they should 20 -25 episodes and have the best of both worlds! Smile

Who's in the forest strolling? / The birds and the bees sing "Momiji" / The frogs in the pond are calling / "Momiji", yes it's true. / The trees raise their leaves together / Who needs the sun when we've got you?

Hawq
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Paul

PostPosted: 01/06/09 19:49  Reply with quote

There is a 9'th episode, subs are up in the usual places already

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 01/06/09 22:01  Reply with quote

GaTCHa wrote:
It seems they're must be really cutting back to go from 52 to 8.

sorry if i wasn't clear, they are still showing the new series (i have no idea how many episodes). And they couldn't do the intro in as much depth or it would just be exactly the same. Better to move effeciently to a point where the series diverge and then slow down.

Ps thanx hawk

Very Happy

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 02/06/09 05:59  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:

sorry if i wasn't clear, they are still showing the new series (i have no idea how many episodes). And they couldn't do the intro in as much depth or it would just be exactly the same. Better to move effeciently to a point where the series diverge and then slow down.

Ps thanx hawk

Very Happy

Also me for being dense about 8 episodes..... DUH! - Apologies - thanks Kyle + Hawk for setting me straight Smile

Elkat
J-Fan

Name:

PostPosted: 02/06/09 07:01  Reply with quote

I'm somewhat disapointed at how they're just speeding through all that was a part of the original series, but I guess they really want to get to the point where it is "different" from the original.

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 02/06/09 07:32  Reply with quote

for those who have seen episode 9
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Tangelax
Hentai-kun

Name:
Bob Caff

PostPosted: 02/06/09 07:38  Reply with quote

I missed that, I'll have to have another look. Not looking foward to episode 10 though...

Spoiler of this and the original series.

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 02/06/09 07:54  Reply with quote

Tangelax wrote:
I missed that, I'll have to have another look. Not looking foward to episode 10 though...

Spoiler of this and the original series.

NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Tangelax
Hentai-kun

Name:
Bob Caff

PostPosted: 02/06/09 08:01  Reply with quote

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 02/06/09 16:47  Reply with quote

BAH >>

Tangelax
Hentai-kun

Name:
Bob Caff

PostPosted: 08/06/09 13:52  Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 11/06/09 19:15  Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad i'm going to watch episode 10 tonight Crying or Very sad

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 17/06/09 22:31  Reply with quote

I've watched episode 10. I didn't find it as sad this time around. I don't know if that is because there was less of a build up or because I knew it was coming and had prepared myself. Though I wish the story would differ from the original series by now. The plot as been almost identicle so far.

I?ve got episode 11 but not watched it yet.

Tangelax
Hentai-kun

Name:
Bob Caff

PostPosted: 17/06/09 22:34  Reply with quote

Ep 11 is rush valley, ep 12 is still the same as the original series and then I think it diverges, so it's not too bad.

Elkat
J-Fan

Name:

PostPosted: 18/06/09 01:15  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:
I've watched episode 10. I didn't find it as sad this time around. I don't know if that is because there was less of a build up or because I knew it was coming and had prepared myself. Though I wish the story would differ from the original series by now. The plot as been almost identicle so far.

I?ve got episode 11 but not watched it yet.

I almost had that "HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO A CHILD!" tear jerking feeling, but I think that the fact I already saw the original anime I already knew this was coming. The reason they are indentical because the anime was a combination of the manga and light novels so incidents like the false Elric brothers won't be appearing since they were a light novel incident. Damn, I can't watch it off one AnimeKiwi since Megavideo removed it! Mad

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 24/06/09 22:21  Reply with quote

I'm going to watch ep 12 in a min.

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 25/06/09 21:14  Reply with quote

I've watched episode 12, i like the way their teachers charecter has changed a little, there is more humour in this version. And YAY the plot changes next week, we finally get to see greed :dizzy: :inno: Very Happy

Tangelax
Hentai-kun

Name:
Bob Caff

PostPosted: 25/06/09 21:58  Reply with quote

Not convinced whether it being more comedic is a good thing or a bad thing. While I do love the comedy I'm not keen on the way they randomly have it at moments where it's getting pretty serious. Have to admit though, the teacher throughing up blood was genius. Laughing

Display:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> Anime, Manga, Japan Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Constructed from phpBB

bl corner br corner
Neko Desu Radio