tl corner tr corner
Home
AMGSC logo
Konnichiwa to the AMGSC - how can we help you?
Tuesday - 1st March - 7pm
YOU ARE NOW ON WEBSITE 2.1 at creweanime.co.uk
Please update your links and bookmarks!

Which films are you looking forward to and why?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> Western Films, TV & Comics

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 05/07/09 00:08  Reply with quote

I'm proably going to see transformers in 12 hours Razz

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 12/06/09 16:59  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:

yep Very Happy

And i've seen doom, i rank it among those other computer game films such as mortal kombat 2, alone in the dark, and street fighter. It was a terrible film. The cgi bit looked utterly cr@p, they should have just used footage of doom 3 that was released about the same time. Sad

I've been to see the new terminator film. It is ok but.....
It is only a 12 certificate, and thus NO gor
It also doesn't explain things which i think could be because it is only a 12 so they had to cut bits out which have left plot holes.

doom was funny Laughing *accidently*

Who's in the forest strolling? / The birds and the bees sing "Momiji" / The frogs in the pond are calling / "Momiji", yes it's true. / The trees raise their leaves together / Who needs the sun when we've got you?

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 12/06/09 09:32  Reply with quote

Sandor wrote:
(I see the unnecessary u in the word "color" on this page so I'm guessing it's mostly Brits in here).

yep Very Happy

And i've seen doom, i rank it among those other computer game films such as mortal kombat 2, alone in the dark, and street fighter. It was a terrible film. The cgi bit looked utterly cr@p, they should have just used footage of doom 3 that was released about the same time. Sad

I've been to see the new terminator film. It is ok but.....
It is only a 12 certificate, and thus NO gor
It also doesn't explain things which i think could be because it is only a 12 so they had to cut bits out which have left plot holes.

Anonymous
????

Name:

PostPosted: 12/06/09 05:04  Reply with quote

It would take something REALLY special to get me into an actual movie theater. The last 2 movies I watched in a Theater were Bruce Almighty and Doom. Bruce Almighty was such a wretched experience for money wasted I promised myself I'd never see another movie in a theater again. But of course I had to break that promise for Doom Day, October 21, 2005. Why? Because it was friggin' Doom! I obviously wouldn't have made such a ludicrous promise if I had known they were going to make a DOOM movie of all things! What sane person would? It deserved special attention of course. I mean, I was waiting since 1994 for a friggin' Doom movie and I wasn't going to wait for it to come out on video. Or one more damn day than I had to. Hollywood finally had the sense to give me what I wanted for so long so I figured they earned themselves one last movie admission fee from me. And despite my admittedly RELATIVELY high hopes, it managed to not disappoint. Though the extended scenes not seen in theaters that appeared in the DVD when it was released February 7, 2006 (Can you believe it? A masterwork like that and it went to video so fast! It should have taken a year! It should have grossed higher than Shreck and Home Alone combined, for crying out loud!) I think were better left out....

But the bottom line is, it would take something quite extraordinary to drag ME to a movie theater. Like Doom 2 for example. Certainly not stupid Dragonball starring Spike the Vampire painted green as piccolo (from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV series, obviously not Spike the cartoon character from Cowboy Bebop) and Chow Young Fat as Kamesennin. Not a chance am I going to lose my patience waiting for that until it's available for a dollar from one of those automated machines (or 49 cents from Shop'n Save). About 1.5 dollars to the pound for you Brits at the moment, if you don't know (I see the unnecessary u in the word "color" on this page so I'm guessing it's mostly Brits in here).

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 04/06/09 05:53  Reply with quote

This one looks cool - love those sci-fi films - reminds me of Silent Running and Saturn 3:

Link

This one looks mental - Nazi Zombies!!!

Link

Who's in the forest strolling? / The birds and the bees sing "Momiji" / The frogs in the pond are calling / "Momiji", yes it's true. / The trees raise their leaves together / Who needs the sun when we've got you?

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 26/05/09 17:24  Reply with quote

I want so see this film.....perhaps? LOL

http://failblog.org/2009/04/17/marquee-fail/

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 23/05/09 17:06  Reply with quote

NEVER ask for logic, Kyle, NEVER!!! Razz

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 23/05/09 13:40  Reply with quote

Gigatron wrote:

The first two are perfectly bad enough. I don't think a sequel is needed. THen again, neither is a remake and sure enough a remake of the first movie is in the works Neutral

huh Confused where is the logic in that?

Gigatron wrote:
As for another POTENTIALLY GOOD movie I'm looking forward to, there's a new alien invasion flick coming out this summer called District 9. But this invasion is different; this time, the aliens didn't mean to come to earth to begin with, and the humans are the bad guys.

More specifically, it's about a group of aliens living in South Africa as refugees after they crash land on earth and are forced to basically live as slaves for a corrupt organization in a quarantined area called, as indicated in the title, District 9. It looks very interesting, I think

looks potentially good, and it could be very interesting.

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 23/05/09 10:38  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:

You think they would make a sequal? Confused

for us they would Very Happy

Anonymous
????

Name:

PostPosted: 22/05/09 23:44  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:

The first two are perfectly bad enough. I don't think a sequel is needed. THen again, neither is a remake and sure enough a remake of the first movie is in the works Neutral

As for another POTENTIALLY GOOD movie I'm looking forward to, there's a new alien invasion flick coming out this summer called District 9. But this invasion is different; this time, the aliens didn't mean to come to earth to begin with, and the humans are the bad guys.

More specifically, it's about a group of aliens living in South Africa as refugees after they crash land on earth and are forced to basically live as slaves for a corrupt organization in a quarantined area called, as indicated in the title, District 9. It looks very interesting, I think.

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 22/05/09 18:50  Reply with quote

GaTCHa wrote:

is there a troll 3 ??

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 22/05/09 17:07  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:

Laughing troll 2 Laughing

and hiss looks interesting.

is there a troll 3 ??

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 22/05/09 10:16  Reply with quote

Gigatron wrote:

Hell yeah I'm looking forward to that, I love crappy monster movies! I was in tears when the shark takes flight and bites the plane in half Laughing I think we've got a new "Troll 2" on our hands here.

I'm also looking forward to a monster movie that looks like it will be good- the new Indian snake woman movie "Hiss". Seriously, the trailer makes this look like the craziest movie ever made, and I wanna see it right now.[/i]

Laughing troll 2 Laughing

and hiss looks interesting.

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 22/05/09 06:23  Reply with quote

Gigatron wrote:

Hell yeah I'm looking forward to that, I love crappy monster movies! I was in tears when the shark takes flight and bites the plane in half Laughing I think we've got a new "Troll 2" on our hands here.

I'm also looking forward to a monster movie that looks like it will be good- the new Indian snake woman movie "Hiss". Seriously, the trailer makes this look like the craziest movie ever made, and I wanna see it right now.[/i]

yeah - the special effects are so "special" it's a definite must see. Laughing

Anonymous
????

Name:

PostPosted: 22/05/09 01:30  Reply with quote

GaTCHa wrote:
you've all gotta be looking forward to this movie:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810073256/video/13484452

- "we're dealing with a menace"..... yeah, the director of this movie.

Shark attacks jumbo Laughing

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 21/05/09 22:27  Reply with quote

GaTCHa wrote:

the crowd behind it are prolific

they did alien vs hunter, I am Omega Man, Snakes on a Train, The Terminators, The Day the Earth Stopped, Death Racers - ---- Laughing

check out more of their great trailers at:

http://www.theasylum.cc/

I've actually seen some of their films Embarassed

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 21/05/09 16:54  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:

That is the kind of film you watch at 3 in the morning when you can't sleep and have been drinking. Rolling Eyes

the crowd behind it are prolific

they did alien vs hunter, I am Omega Man, Snakes on a Train, The Terminators, The Day the Earth Stopped, Death Racers - ---- Laughing

check out more of their great trailers at:

http://www.theasylum.cc/

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 21/05/09 13:17  Reply with quote

GaTCHa wrote:

That is the kind of film you watch at 3 in the morning when you can't sleep and have been drinking. Rolling Eyes

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 19/05/09 20:26  Reply with quote

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 15/05/09 16:41  Reply with quote

Angelus wrote:

Agree with you there on all points "Points" see what I did there? Razz

Crying or Very sad Laughing v.good Laughing

Angelus
Otaku

Name:

PostPosted: 15/05/09 08:07  Reply with quote

GaTCHa wrote:
Well it was more that Star Trek had hit an optimal balance as a film for fans and non-fans (or fans in the waiting!). To be honest, with ULTRA-hardcore fan-boys you'll probably never please them unless they get to the make the movie and even then they'd argue with each other
Laughing I'm a big fan of Star Trek but draw the line about arguing over deck layout/schematics/warp speed exponential inconsistencies/how lon Spock's ears should be etc etc... Razz

Agree with you there on all points "Points" see what I did there? Razz

It's an awesome movie that I genuinely enjoyed. Certain parts of it were so entertaining:-

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Couldn't stop laughing for at least a minute or two after that!

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 15/05/09 05:54  Reply with quote

Well it was more that Star Trek had hit an optimal balance as a film for fans and non-fans (or fans in the waiting!). To be honest, with ULTRA-hardcore fan-boys you'll probably never please them unless they get to the make the movie and even then they'd argue with each other
Laughing I'm a big fan of Star Trek but draw the line about arguing over deck layout/schematics/warp speed exponential inconsistencies/how lon Spock's ears should be etc etc... Razz

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 15/05/09 05:45  Reply with quote

migratingfishswim wrote:

sounds like dogtanian and the muskehounds surely porthos is from the three musketeers?

one for all, and all for one, muskahounds are always ready.... Laughing

Elkat
J-Fan

Name:

PostPosted: 15/05/09 02:52  Reply with quote

GaTCHa wrote:
Cool - I heard it wasn't at smart/intellectual as the better Star Trek Films and that ultra-fan-boys would find fault with little details but it was something that most people, whether fans or not, would enjoy - I heard it was non-stop and that you wouldn't be bored. Now I heard you say something similar I'm defintiely looking forward to seeing it.

Well when you make (or remake) a movie to a franchise that has a geeky fan following, you can either make the movie to appease the fans (which means, possibly keeping to franchise's origins) or you can make something that's interesting to non-hardcore fans. I fear DOA: Dead or Alive is one of the movies that happens to be the second, but mostly because they just took the character's names, appearances, and the series basic plot and ditched the rest. They didn't respect the reasons that the characters had for entering the Dead or Alive tournaments, their actual relationships to other characters (they made every Hayate/Ayane fanboy's dreams come true while probably still stabbing them in the back at the same time), or the character's actual personalities (Zack was probably the only character they remotely got right!) However, I fear that I've spiralled off into a "I DOA: Dead or Alive" rant... I'll just go back to fantasizing improving my art enough to get the writes to make a DOA manga to give the series some long due honor.

Hawq
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Paul

PostPosted: 14/05/09 19:56  Reply with quote

Jonathans Beagle

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 14/05/09 19:34  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:

Sorry i don't follow, was he a charecter from harry potter (i don't remember him) Confused

me confused too :dizzy:

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 13/05/09 21:43  Reply with quote

Hawq wrote:
I just want to know where Porthos wound up

Sorry i don't follow, was he a charecter from harry potter (i don't remember him) Confused

Hawq
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Paul

PostPosted: 12/05/09 13:24  Reply with quote

I just want to know where Porthos wound up

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 12/05/09 12:28  Reply with quote

One of the trailers before star trek i saw was for the new harry potter film. It was an all action and special effects trailer to try and tempt new fans. I dissaprove of those kinds of trailers that don't portray an accurate feel for a film. It is misleading. Mad

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 10/05/09 07:01  Reply with quote

Cool - I heard it wasn't at smart/intellectual as the better Star Trek Films and that ultra-fan-boys would find fault with little details but it was something that most people, whether fans or not, would enjoy - I heard it was non-stop and that you wouldn't be bored. Now I heard you say something similar I'm defintiely looking forward to seeing it.

Display:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> Western Films, TV & Comics Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Constructed from phpBB

bl corner br corner
Neko Desu Radio