tl corner tr corner
Home
AMGSC logo
Konnichiwa to the AMGSC - how can we help you?
Tuesday - 1st March - 7pm
YOU ARE NOW ON WEBSITE 2.1 at creweanime.co.uk
Please update your links and bookmarks!

Who plays the lottery
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> The On-sen

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 08/05/09 09:14  Reply with quote

Who else here buys lottery tickets (british or euro millions)?

I was just wondering if anyone else bought lotto tickets. Do you use the same numbers, do you only play when it is a rollover?

And with tonights euro millions at an estimatted 110 million pounds jackpot, who has been tempted to buy a ticket for the first time. That is a jackpot of ?110 000 000.00, 9 digits before the decimal place.

I don't play religiously but do probably buy a ticket once a week (only for either the wed, sat or friday euro millions. I don't bother with thunderball or any of the other little games). But I can't, not buy a ticket for a potential 110 million :drool: , or maybe 2 tickets.

Now for euro millions it costs ?1.50 per ticket and you have a 1 in 72 million chance of winning, but the prize this week is more than 1.5*72 million (which is 108 million). That is part of my justification for the 3 tickets I think i'll get.

To clarify I don't play the lotto because I think I will win anything, but I like to think about what i would do if I did win. I see it as a bit of harmless fun (you can also kidd yourself you are doing a good thing as the lotto people give a chunk of cash to good causes). So getting 4 tickets for tonight is just a bit of harmeless fun Very Happy

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 08/05/09 17:22  Reply with quote

statistically speaking a waste of time. you'd be better off with an accumulator bet at the bookies - less money but better odds.

either way you're really on a loser. I'm going to spend my ?2 on a beer - that's a result I know will be certain and enjoy Laughing

Sure IF you win you'd be laughing but it hasn't rolled over without good reason....

Who's in the forest strolling? / The birds and the bees sing "Momiji" / The frogs in the pond are calling / "Momiji", yes it's true. / The trees raise their leaves together / Who needs the sun when we've got you?

Hawq
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Paul

PostPosted: 08/05/09 18:14  Reply with quote

It's my only chance at ever getting a decent amount of money so I play it, euro one only when there's a large rollover though, if I win big that'll make my day a good un (the rest of my days as well) if I don't win? I'm in the same situation as before

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 08/05/09 19:30  Reply with quote

Hawq wrote:
It's my only chance at ever getting a decent amount of money so I play it, euro one only when there's a large rollover though, if I win big that'll make my day a good un (the rest of my days as well) if I don't win? I'm in the same situation as before

I've more concern for those that play regularly and keep losing - they waste a fortune. It's been called a "poor tax" or a "stupid tax".

I'm confident we won't win - I'll be better off in the long run (smug smug smug :moogle: ) Razz

Who's in the forest strolling? / The birds and the bees sing "Momiji" / The frogs in the pond are calling / "Momiji", yes it's true. / The trees raise their leaves together / Who needs the sun when we've got you?

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 08/05/09 19:31  Reply with quote

GaTCHa wrote:

you'll be a few quid down....

I've more concern for those that play regularly and keep losing - they waste a fortune. It's been called a "poor tax" or a "stupid tax".

I'm confident we won't win - I'll be better off in the long run (smug smug smug :moogle: ) Razz

Hawq
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Paul

PostPosted: 08/05/09 19:38  Reply with quote

A point you liked so much you quoted it to make it twice?

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 08/05/09 23:25  Reply with quote

I agree with Hawk
Quote:
If I win big that'll make my day a good un (the rest of my days as well) if I don't win? I'm in the same situation as before

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 08/05/09 23:29  Reply with quote

I believe using the same numbers everytime trapps you into playing most draws.
I think playing everydraw religiously is foolish.
In these cases I think of it as a 'stupid tax'.

But to play occasionally knowing you probably won't win is fine. It is nice to think about what if you did win, and there is that little buzz every time you win ?10

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 09/05/09 07:57  Reply with quote

LOL - *touch subject* such conflict.

Hello millionaires.... Embarassed sounds like one dude in Spain won all ?110 mil. Well that's fair and going to make a huge difference to the world. Great.

That's why the lottery pisses me off - wouldn't it be better to have a game where the closest win something - 100 people getting a million is still freaking daft. You could give ?10,000 to 10,000. I'd be happy with 10K, crap, I'd be happy winning ?1K, but I will always refuse to play.

I'd be ashamed to have won that amount of money considering what crap some people have to go through to make ends meet. Lording it round with millions just so I can have whatever I want wouldn't make me happy as I'd know others were struggling and I was funded by the poor. I can live knowing I'm an average Joe. I would have given 99 million away no probs. Sure, tempting to win a mil and ?1mil would have seen me through and then some but I question if it would have made me happier and better, not just richer..... It's greed and naivety that causes people to crave these amounts and spend too much.

I'm now going back to my monastery to look after some sick children and work on world peace and a cure for cancer :inno: :inno: :inno: :inno:

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 09/05/09 10:16  Reply with quote

GaTCHa wrote:
LOL - *touch subject* such conflict.

That's why the lottery pisses me off - wouldn't it be better to have a game where the closest win something - 100 people getting a million is still freaking daft. You could give ?10,000 to 10,000. I'd be happy with 10K, crap, I'd be happy winning ?1K, but I will always refuse to play.

I was funded by the poor.

Firstly, hell no, if i win, i'd want to win BIG. other wise get a scratch card. I'd be happy to win 1k but i wouldn't play if the jackpot was less than 1 mill.

Secondly, no one forces them to play, it is their decision. And a lot of peope with spare cash knocking around also play the lotto, so i have no prob taking the money guilt free.

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 09/05/09 10:24  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:

Secondly, no one forces them to play, it is their decision. .

Sadly, there are a lot of people addicted - that's not their choice anymore. There's a lot of people with little money who play with hopes of winning but really just getting further into debt. It's just plain gambling and we have to have a more socially responsible society to protect the vulnerable. Sure - the freedom to decide but who's really benefitting? It's just another model of capitalism - a few get very rich whilst the majority get poorer. Personally, I find the whole thing tasteless and it sucks.

Also, who decides where the lottery money goes??? A lot of it is going on the Olympics - great.... let's just call it what it is - another tax. The government already taxes me - I'm damned if they're taking any more to fund there over-inflated, back-handed, fat-cat fuelling schemes. I'm getting out of this country before Labour (or insert any other of our parties) screw us further into debt for the next 20 years.

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 09/05/09 10:30  Reply with quote

well, this is turning into a happy and cheery conversation Very Happy

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 09/05/09 10:33  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:
well, this is turning into a happy and cheery conversation Very Happy

soz - am in that sort of mood this morning :down:

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 09/05/09 10:44  Reply with quote

GaTCHa wrote:

soz - am in that sort of mood this morning :down:

you have no idea!

Hawq
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Paul

PostPosted: 09/05/09 14:27  Reply with quote

migratingfishswim wrote:
money really isn't everything.
Yes it is

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 09/05/09 18:27  Reply with quote

I see your point Mhairi, I would never pressure people into gambeling. I also conceed the point that there probably are alot of people who are being passive in their lives hoping for a win.

I agree money doesn't automatically buy you happiness.

However I think if you don't expect to win (I occasionally joke that I do bank on winning, but I don't mean it which is why I feel I can joke about it) and if you are sensible with a win it can make you happier (not nesisarily happy, but happier). Though to do that you need to enhance your life and help those around you in a responcible and VERY WELL THOUGHT OUT way. Not change everything and flash your cash, that would make for a lonley life.

P.S just meant for a superficial thread but this has gained some real depth. This must be evening out the mockery of thread topics i do (turning them all gradually into 'in jokes' with GaTCHa Laughing )I'm kinda enjoying it though, i'll start to think of my next deep thread.

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 09/05/09 18:42  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:
I see your point Mhairi, I would never pressure people into gambeling. I also conceed the point that there probably are alot of people who are being passive in their lives hoping for a win.

I agree money doesn't automatically buy you happiness.

However I think if you don't expect to win (I occasionally joke that I do bank on winning, but I don't mean it which is why I feel I can joke about it) and if you are sensible with a win it can make you happier (not nesisarily happy, but happier). Though to do that you need to enhance your life and help those around you in a responcible and VERY WELL THOUGHT OUT way. Not change everything and flash your cash, that would make for a lonley life.

P.S just meant for a superficial thread but this has gained some real depth. This must be evening out the mockery of thread topics i do (turning them all gradually into 'in jokes' with GaTCHa Laughing )I'm kinda enjoying it though, i'll start to think of my next deep thread.

More in-jokes - more deviation - more randomness Laughing

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 09/05/09 18:59  Reply with quote

I'd buy lots of eclairs :drool:

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 09/05/09 19:01  Reply with quote

migratingfishswim wrote:

dictionary.reference.com makes this distinction nicely clear, as do sources with more longevity, like buddhism Very Happy

My mums a budist, and we argue about a few points.

as for making you happier, i could buy my relatives who have moved to england from Zimbabwe (as the country is no longer safe) houses and ensure they are well set up, that piece of mind would make me happier. I love my dvd's and more would give me enough to properly organise by genre Very Happy (sad but i'd love doing it, and updating it with all the new dvd's i would buy).I would go on holiday abroad for the first time in over 5 years and see amazing things, go to the maldeves (i know thats not how to spell it but , meh Razz ) before rising sea levels gets rid of them. I'd really enjoy that. Hence happier not make me happy.

of couse a massive group holiday to japan and china for those who wanted (i have a few friends in northwich who would love that tto).
But the thing i would insist on is the studio Ghibli museum :drool:

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 10/05/09 07:07  Reply with quote

I'd buy Japan - then you would have to pay me rent MWAHAHAHAHAAH!

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 04/06/09 21:14  Reply with quote

well i've got my ticket for fridays ?37,000,000 jackpot, fingers crossed (i would hold my breath but it is a bit to long to wait)

Tangelax
Hentai-kun

Name:
Bob Caff

PostPosted: 04/06/09 21:18  Reply with quote

If I cross my fingers for you and you win then I demand 10%.

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 04/06/09 21:31  Reply with quote

Tangelax wrote:

that's fine with me as long as it doesn't affect the 10% Kyle will give me for beer money (he doesn't know yet....)

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 04/06/09 22:21  Reply with quote

Tangelax wrote:

5% and i expect to see proof you kept your fingers crossed all day (that is my best offer)

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 04/06/09 22:23  Reply with quote

GaTCHa wrote:

that's fine with me as long as it doesn't affect the 10% Kyle will give me for beer money (he doesn't know yet....)

If i win 37 mill and you could drink your way through 3.7 mill in one weekend i'd happily pay just to see it Laughing

Tangelax
Hentai-kun

Name:
Bob Caff

PostPosted: 04/06/09 22:35  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:

5% and i expect to see proof you kept your fingers crossed all day (that is my best offer)

Done. Will a badly drawn picture suffice as evidence? (lost my camera)

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 04/06/09 22:43  Reply with quote

Tangelax wrote:

Done. Will a badly drawn picture suffice as evidence? (lost my camera)

as long as it is backed up with at least 10 witness statements Razz

Tangelax
Hentai-kun

Name:
Bob Caff

PostPosted: 04/06/09 22:48  Reply with quote

If I'm getting 1.8 mill I don't think that would be too much of a problem.

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 04/06/09 22:51  Reply with quote

Tangelax wrote:
If I'm getting 1.8 mill I don't think that would be too much of a problem.
Laughing

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 04/06/09 22:54  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:

If i win 37 mill and you could drink your way through 3.7 mill in one weekend i'd happily pay just to see it Laughing

3.7 million - hmmmmmm - I think you would have to help me Laughing Let's say I just stick to 1 mil and you 2.7 mil as I'm the lightweight Razz .

The other 33.3 mil can be for kebabs and the taxi home Laughing

(33.3 mil before Robin's 1.85 mil so maybe only 31.45 mil so we may have to skip chips and a drink)

Display:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> The On-sen Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Constructed from phpBB

bl corner br corner
Neko Desu Radio