tl corner tr corner
Home
AMGSC logo
Konnichiwa to the AMGSC - how can we help you?
Tuesday - 1st March - 7pm
YOU ARE NOW ON WEBSITE 2.1 at creweanime.co.uk
Please update your links and bookmarks!

Oriental horror moves
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> Western Films, TV & Comics

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 03/06/09 22:21  Reply with quote

Are there any other fans of oriental horror moves (I say oriental and not just Japanese because of the brilliant horror moves to come out of Korea).

My Dvd collection has gems like Audition, Dark water, and Host.

I really like these films, they differ from so many western horror movies, they have suspence, atmosphere and are quite unpredictable.

I loved watching films like 'Freezer' and 'ring' for the first time (late at night in the dark). They were actually really scary unlike many western horror moves which just rely on things jumping out at you.

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 04/06/09 06:14  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:
Are there any other fans of oriental horror moves (I say oriental and not just Japanese because of the brilliant horror moves to come out of Korea).

My Dvd collection has gems like Audition, Dark water, and Host.

I really like these films, they differ from so many western horror movies, they have suspence, atmosphere and are quite unpredictable.

I loved watching films like 'Freezer' and 'ring' for the first time (late at night in the dark). They were actually really scary unlike many western horror moves which just rely on things jumping out at you.

I used to be into them. I liked Audition; Ju-On the Grudge; Dark Water; Ring and Battle Royale.

The western remakes were nowhere near as scary.

Who's in the forest strolling? / The birds and the bees sing "Momiji" / The frogs in the pond are calling / "Momiji", yes it's true. / The trees raise their leaves together / Who needs the sun when we've got you?

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 05/06/09 21:37  Reply with quote

GaTCHa wrote:

The western remakes were nowhere near as scary.

They lack the atmosphere Sad . The little things in the oriental horror movies build up tension. The phone ringing in ring (at the very start), it's tone, timing, it just sent a shiver down my spine first time watching it.

Tangelax
Hentai-kun

Name:
Bob Caff

PostPosted: 05/06/09 21:40  Reply with quote

I remember when I used to refuse to watch the japanese ring because it was "weird". "What? Why would you want to watch something in a different language with subtitles?" (How things have changed! Laughing )

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 05/06/09 22:20  Reply with quote

Tangelax wrote:
I remember when I used to refuse to watch the japanese ring because it was "weird". "What? Why would you want to watch something in a different language with subtitles?" (How things have changed! Laughing )

the japanese ring really poo?d me up big style - awesome stuff. When you first see her come out the TV - EEEKKKKK!

Who's in the forest strolling? / The birds and the bees sing "Momiji" / The frogs in the pond are calling / "Momiji", yes it's true. / The trees raise their leaves together / Who needs the sun when we've got you?

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 06/06/09 08:57  Reply with quote

GaTCHa wrote:

the japanese ring really poo?d me up big style - awesome stuff. When you first see her come out the TV - EEEKKKKK!

a horror movie where you are attacked through your tv screen (which you are watching it on). Your phone isn't safe and everyone has a phone. It was genious Very Happy

GaTCHa
Hentai-chan

Name:
Mark

PostPosted: 06/06/09 09:59  Reply with quote

kylej64 wrote:

a horror movie where you are attacked through your tv screen (which you are watching it on). Your phone isn't safe and everyone has a phone. It was genious Very Happy

Do you Sadako has kept up with the technology and is now sending her curse video out in DVD and mp4 formats ? Laughing

Display:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> Western Films, TV & Comics
Page 1 of 1

Constructed from phpBB

bl corner br corner
Neko Desu Radio