tl corner tr corner
Home
AMGSC logo
Konnichiwa to the AMGSC - how can we help you?
Tuesday - 1st March - 7pm
YOU ARE NOW ON WEBSITE 2.1 at creweanime.co.uk
Please update your links and bookmarks!

Germany's Killer Game drive killed by lack of interest
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> Computer & Console Games

Hawq
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Paul

PostPosted: 20/10/09 18:04  Reply with quote

A group in Germany recently had a drive to scrap violent games, here's what happened
Quote:
A German advocacy group called Aktionsb?ndnis Amoklauf Winnenden, which is mostly composed of parents and friends of victims of the tragic Winnenden school shooting from earlier this year, recently attempted to host an event where owners of violent video games would dispose of their aggressive software en masse. The group rented out a sizable dumpster, hoping to fill it to its brim with Mature video games which people had spent their hard-earned money on.

We certainly sympathize with the horrible loss this group recently suffered, but even if they choose to vilify video games, asking people to throw their stuff away probably isn't the most effective course of action. The somewhat predictable results of this event can be found in a video after the jump.

Link
source Laughing

kylej64
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Kyle Johnson

PostPosted: 20/10/09 20:53  Reply with quote

I sympathise with their loss, but I would argue against violent computer games causing violent behaviour.

As for expecting people who paid money for a game, to then just throw it away because some people are opposed to it (and in a recession no less) is just daft.

The result was inevitable. I bet the few games in there were taken off kids by their parents who were part of Aktionsb?ndnis Amoklauf Winnenden.

Anonymous
????

Name:

PostPosted: 26/10/09 12:02  Reply with quote

i wonder if german people like playing Call of Duty 5 Confused

Hawq
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Paul

PostPosted: 26/10/09 19:01  Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised if it was banned there, if it isn't it'll be heavily edited, I recall the old Turok edit they had that replaced all the men with robots

Anonymous
????

Name:

PostPosted: 13/12/09 15:46  Reply with quote

Well I live in Germany and that action was a disaster Razz
The only games they got were buyed by the Aktionsb?ndnis Amoklauf Winnenden itself!
(Even the pricetags were still on them Rolling Eyes)

(Click on the picture for bigger version)

Here a list of the games they got at the end of the action:

1. GameBoy "Small Soldier"
2. Playstation 2 "GTA San Andreas" (still sealed)
3. Playstation 2 "Def Jam Fight for New York" (with pricetag)
4. Computer "Open Arena" (A present by a opposing party)

Hawq
AMGSC Committee

Name:
Paul

PostPosted: 13/12/09 17:18  Reply with quote

A free copy of GTA for someone then Laughing

Display:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AMG(SC) Index -> Computer & Console Games
Page 1 of 1

Constructed from phpBB

bl corner br corner
Neko Desu Radio